SCDRO was appointed as the adjudication authority by the Government of Saskatchewan under the Builders’ Lien Act.
SCDRO’s Duties and Powers (Builders’ Lien Act Section 21.13(1))
- Develop and oversee programs for the training of persons as adjudicators;
- Qualify persons who meet the prescribed requirements as adjudicators;
- Establish and maintain a publicly available registry of adjudicators;
- Appoint adjudicators for the purposes of subsection 21.32(5) of the legislation here;
- Perform any other duties of the Authority set out in this Part; and
- Perform any other prescribed.
The Authority may:
- Subject to the regulations, set:
- Fees for the training and qualification of persons as adjudicators; and
- Fees to be paid to adjudicators pursuant to section 21.4 of the legislation here, and require their payment;
- Exercise any other power of the Authority set out in this Part; and
- Exercise any other prescribed power.
In setting the fees mentioned above, the Authority may, subject to the regulations, specify the amounts of the method for determining the amounts.
SCDRO is governed by a committee of dedicated industry experts with significant experience in the construction supply chain:
SCDRO Governance Committee
|Brian Barber||Ledcor Construction Limited||Commercial Construction Representative|
|Rodger Linka||Linka Howe Law Offices||ADR Institute of Saskatchewan & Adjudicator Representative|
|Brad Kornum||Graham Construction & Engineering Inc.||Governing Committee Chair, Saskatchewan Construction Services Corporation|
|Tom Atkins||Stantec||Engineering Sector Representative|
|Pat Kelly||P3 Architecture||Architect Representative|
|Errol Fisher||North Ridge Developments||Residential Construction Sector Representative|
|Cindy Friesen||Clearwater Consulting||Government of Saskatchewan - Private Sector Owner Representative|
|James Holtom||JPH Consulting Ltd.||Government of Saskatchewan - Public Sector Owner Representative|
|Justin Hoyes||All 'N All Construction Inc.||Commercial Construction Sector Representative|
|Vacant||N/A||Residential Construction Sector Trade Representative|