SCDRO was appointed as the adjudication authority by the Government of Saskatchewan and given authority from the newly amended act, The Builders’ Lien (Prompt Payment) Amendment Act, 2019.
Section 21.13(1) of the Prompt Payment legislation outlines SCDRO’s duties and powers as follows:
- Develop and oversee programs for the training of persons as adjudicators;
- Qualify persons who meet the prescribed requirements as adjudicators;
- Establish and maintain a publicly available registry of adjudicators;
- Appoint adjudicators for the purposes of subsection 21.32(5) of the legislation here;
- Perform any other duties of the Authority set out in this Part; and
- Perform any other prescribed.
The Authority may:
- Subject to the regulations, set:
- Fees for the training and qualification of persons as adjudicators; and
- Fees to be paid to adjudicators pursuant to section 21.4 of the legislation here, and require their payment;
- Exercise any other power of the Authority set out in this Part; and
- Exercise any other prescribed power.
In setting the fees mentioned above, the Authority may, subject to the regulations, specify the amounts of the method for determining the amounts.
SCDRO is governed by a committee of dedicated industry experts with significant experience in the construction supply chain:
|Brian Barber||Ledcor Construction Limited||General Contractor|
|Rodger Linka||Linka Howe Law Offices||ADR Institute of Saskatchewan|
|Duane Galloway||Graham Construction & Engineering Inc.||General Contractor|
|Grant Grenier||Graham Construction & Engineering Inc.||General Contractor|
|Pat Kelly||P3 Architecture||Saskatchewan Association of Architects|
|Errol Fisher||North Ridge Developments||Home Builders - Saskatoon|
|Cindy Friesen||Clearwater Consulting||Government of Saskatchewan - Private Sector Owner|
|James Holtom||JPH Consulting Ltd.||Government of Saskatchewan - Public Sector Owner|
|Justin Hoyes||All 'N All Construction Inc.||Saskatchewan Construction Association|